Camping in the Forest
- Book With Confidence
Free Amendments (1)
Refund Guarantee (2)
Local Lockdown Flexibility
Le Parc De La Fecht
Dune des sables
Camping in the forest: a stay in the heart of nature
Need to escape into the wilderness, far from the urban bustle? Find a haven of peace in the middle of the woods at one of our 3, 4 or 5 star forest campsites. From the south to the north of France, by the sea or high in the mountains, treat yourself to a rejuvenating stay with your loved ones. We have a fantastic selection of accommodation options, from modern mobile homes to well-equipped tents. The choice is yours!
Ideally located, our campsites in the forest promise beautiful walks and plenty of al fresco activities. Enjoy swimming pools, outdoor playgrounds, children's club, entertainment and sports tournaments. Let yourself be tempted by adventure... Prepare your backpack and set off to discover the enchanting forests of France!
Our top 5 campsites in the forest
Venture into the heart of nature for your next holiday! Whether you are going as a couple, with family or friends, you will find what you are looking for with us. Here is our selection of the best forest campsites in the country!
Campsite La Forêt du Pilat
An essential spot in Aquitaine, the Arcachon Basin attracts visitors from all over the world. Sunny almost all year round, this destination is a dream come true for holidaymakers looking fo exceptional landscapes. At the foot of the famous Dune du Pilat, nestles 3-star Campsite La Forêt du Pilat. You can climb this natural monument to enjoy a breath-taking panoramic view, where the sea and the forest stretch as far as the eye can see. Back onsite, from the comfort of your mobile home, you will have access to all the services and activities of the campsite including a heated swimming pool, wellness area, sports fields, restaurant and lively entertainment.
Campsite Val de Cantobre
Perched high in the Aveyron mountains, 4-star Campsite Val de Cantobre is a dream destination for nature lovers. To admire the beauty of the destination, campers should go canoeing, hiking and cycling. This campsite in the forest is laid out in terraces over 6.5 hectares and offers you a stunning view of the Grands Causses regional natural park and the medieval village of Cantobre. Onsite, an exceptional water park blends into the mountain landscape. Book a stay at Val de Cantobre... where a magnificent setting awaits you!
Campsite Dune des Sables
Be lulled by the serene sounds of nature and the aroma of fragrant pines trees on a stay at Campsite Dune des Sables. Bordered by the Atlantic Sea on one side and the Sauveterre forest on the other, this lovely site is perfect for discovering all the charms of the Vendée. A stone's throw from the seaside resort Les Sables-d'Olonne and its animal park, this 5-star campsite promises you an unforgettable stay. Take advantage of the heated swimming pool and many activities to entertain young and old alike! And don't forget to plan a day trip to the exhilarating medieval theme park of Puy du Fou park to watch grandiose shows.
Campsite Le Parc de la Fecht
Campsite Parc de la Fecht is a patch of paradise set in 4.5 hectares of lush greenery. On a stay at this peaceful resort, you'll discover the pretty village of Munster, a pond at the foot of the Vosges and a river for fishing in a lush forest. This bucolic setting promises you beautiful bike rides and hours of hiking. Serenity and escapism are at the forefront of your next holiday in Alsace. Book a stay at this 3-star forest campsite for a memorable experience in the heart of woodland!
Campsite Les Ranchisses
The Monts d'Ardèche Regional Nature Park is ideal for a relaxing stay... that's why we consider 5-star Campsite Les Ranchisses to be a real gem for peaceful stays surrounded by nature. You only have to venture off the site to explore caves and gorgeous walking trails, as well as splendid culture and cuisine, while onsite campers can enjoy fishing, cooking workshops and many more unique activities. Discover the charm of the forest and the villages of Ardèche with us.
Our camping tips for your holidays in the forest
Everything you need to know before going on holiday at a campsite in the forest!
What are the best campsites in the forest with a swimming pool?
In your search for a campsite, is a swimming pool your must have amenity? If so, consider these campsites in the forest that have brilliant pool complexes:
- Campsite Val de Cantobre where you can whizz down toboggans water slides dug into rocks while enjoying panoramic views of the Aveyron mountains.
- Campsite Les Ranchisses which offers a 1000 m2 water park in the heart of the Ardèche forest.
- Campsite La Grande Tortue, a 5 star resort in Loir-et-Cher with its colourful pool complex and family-friendly atmosphere.
What are the best forest campsites with a wellness area?
Going on holiday in nature is about taking care of yourself. Here are some fantastic campsites where you can find a wellness area:
- Campsite La Forêt du Pilat ,with its wellness oasis featuring a sauna, Turkish bath, massages and beauty treatments.
- Campsite Les Ranchisses, where you can find a thalassotherapy centre with sauna, Turkish bath and a manicure salon.
- Campsite Domaine de Soleil Plage, a 5-star resort which offers a hairdressing and manicure salon.
What types of accommodation are offered at our campsites?
We have a wonderful range of accommodation from traditional options to unique and unusual choices. Whether you are staying with your family, friends or as a couple, we have the ideal holiday accommodation offering privacy, peace and comfort:
- Mobile Homes: offered in 6 ranges, from Classic to Privilege Club, our mobile homes are the most common type of accommodation. With a maximum of 3 bedrooms, they can accommodate up to 6/8 people and often feature sun terraces and air conditioning. We have several options to suit all budgets.
- Equipped Tents: traditional or unusual, our well-equipped tents come in 7 different models, including the unique yet spacious yurt.
- Lodges: All wood, the fully equipped lodge immerses you in a calming and natural atmosphere, and can accommodate 4 to 6 people.
- Pitches for tents and caravan: for holidaymakers who prefer to take their holiday home with them, pitches are great if you want to enjoy a stay at a low price.
- Cottages and apartment: the most spacious accommodation, up to 130m2 for maximum comfort!
Choose your forest campsite from our wonderful selection! If you fancy camping close to water, check out our lake campsites or our beach campsites!