Camping near Water
- Book With Confidence
Free Amendments (1)
Refund Guarantee (2)
Local Lockdown Flexibility
Camping by the water: sea, lake and river
Whether you prefer the sea, mountain lakes or meandering rivers, you can enjoy swimming on your holiday as we offer you amazing campsites by the water in France and Europe. From the Atlantic coast to the Italian Lakes, via the Mediterranean Sea, you are spoiled for choice. Beach, lake or river, you can dip your feet in the water and take it easy in the sun! Make your choice among our accommodation options and spend a pleasant week as a couple, with family or friends.
Our 3, 4 and 5 star campsites promise lots of activities for young and old, and entertainment from morning to evening! Dive into the pool, try aqua gym lessons, enjoy massages in the wellness area, as well as themed evenings and sports tournaments throughout your stay.
la Grande Métairie
Top 5 campsites by the water
Book a stay in a mobile home at a campsite near the water for a refreshing holiday in France, Italy or Spain. To help you choose, here is our selection of the best campsites by the water!
Campsite Atlantic Club Montalivet
5 star Campsite Atlantic Club Montalivet in Gironde welcomes you for a relaxing stay by the ocean. On the program, idleness on the beach, strolls by the lake and wine tasting in the countryside between Bordeaux and La Rochelle. Take a seat by the pool then let yourself be tempted by the welcoming wellness area featuring a sauna, Turkish baths, massages and Jacuzzi baths. And for more dynamic activities, this campsite at the edge of the water offers many other recreations including water games in the pool, shows and concerts, Zumba and yoga classes, bike rental, playgrounds, treasure hunt, a children's and teens' club and much more !
Campsite Domaine de Chaussy
Need a breath of fresh air in the countryside? How about exploring the Auvergne-Rhônes-Alpes region? This corner of paradise takes you on a journey through time. Recharge your batteries in the heart of nature at 5 star Campsite Domaine de Chaussy on the banks of the Ardèche river. Alternate between hiking, exploring caves, visiting animal parks and appreciating places steeped in history. Discover this magnificent region by embarking on a steam train journey or a hot air balloon ride to then head back to your mobile home, tent or apartment to enjoy the excellent facilities and services of this campsite.
Campsite Cisano & San Vito
Fancy a relaxing holiday in Italy, in a destination where you can get away from it all? The Adriatic coast of Italy is a dream destination, as is the patches of land between the cities of Venice and Verona, and the mountains of the Dolomites. On the shores of Lake Garda, in the Veneto region, 4* Campsite Cisano & San Vito promises a wonderful week away with the family. The resort is a great place for parents looking to rest as the swimming pool onsite features plenty of fun for toddlers like a paddling pool, splash games and mini water slides. Enrol your youngsters at the children's club before enjoying famous Bardolino wine and the culinary specialities of Northern Italy.
Campsite Cala Llevadó
We also have a fantastic selection of campsite by the water in Spain.... where you can enjoy staying in mobile homes with views of the sea. At 4* Campsite Cala Llevadó, a lovely resort surrounded by a century-old pine forest, campers have access to three secluded coves and a large beach where you can laze on the sands or enjoy water sports. It is the ideal place for lovers of swimming, but also for hiking enthusiasts as the superb massif of Cadiretes unfolds in almost the entire municipality of Tossa de Mar.
Campsite La Plage d’Argens
4 star Campsite La Plage d'Argens in Saint-Aygulf offers you all the fun in the water as it nestled in a patch of land featuring a beach, lake and river! And if that's still not enough, a beautiful fully equipped water park awaits you when you on the campsite. With swimming pools and slides for the children, and a wellness area for the parents, it's the perfect family holiday destination by the water. And not forgetting our mobile homes that feature private hot tubs.... you'll find your ideal holidays in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur!
Our camping tips for your holidays by the water
Everything you need to know before going on holiday at a campsite by the water!
What are the best campsites with a pool by the water?
Do you dream of hurtling down the highest slides and sunbathing by the edge of a magnificent swimming pool? Here are some campsites that you are sure to love:
- Campsite Domaine de Chaussy with its many water features, near the Ardèche river in Auvergne-Rhônes-Alpes.
- 5-star Campsite Côte d'Argent in Hourtin by the sea, in Aquitaine, which will surprise you with its 5000 m2 swimming pool.
- 5-star Campsite Marisol in Torreilles Plage, Languedoc-Roussillon, with its beautiful, well-equipped aquatic area.
What are the best lakeside campsites?
Would you love to spend the afternoon near a lake during your holidays? Here are some great lakeside campsites:
- Campsite Cisano & San Vito near famous Lake Garda in the Veneto region of Italy.
- 4* Campsite Rieumontagné in the Tarn, Midi-Pyrénées, an 11 hectare site on the shores of the great lake of Laouzas.
- 3* Campsite Parc de la Fecht in the heart of Alsatian countryside, at the foot of the Vosges, near a lake and a pleasant river.
What types of accommodation are offered at our campsites?
We have a wonderful range of accommodation from traditional options to unique and unusual choices. Whether you are staying with your family, friends or as a couple, we have the ideal holiday accommodation offering privacy, peace and comfort:
- Mobile Homes: offered in 6 ranges, from Classic to Privilege Club, our mobile homes are the most common type of accommodation. With a maximum of 3 bedrooms, they can accommodate up to 6/8 people and often feature sun terraces and air conditioning. We have several options to suit all budgets.
- Equipped Tents: traditional or unusual, our well-equipped tents come in 7 different models, including the unique yet spacious yurt.
- Lodges: All wood, the fully equipped lodge immerses you in a calming and natural atmosphere, and can accommodate 4 to 6 people.
- Pitches for tents and caravan: for holidaymakers who prefer to take their holiday home with them, pitches are great if you want to enjoy a stay at a low price.
- Cottages and apartment: the most spacious accommodation, up to 130m2 for maximum comfort!